I have noticed that I am crazy. Not in the typical ha ha sense because I have bipolar II disorder. I feel like little things, or seemingly little things drive me up a wall and make me very angry.
To get over my useless anger over nothing in particular, I decided to make a bullet list of what irks me about anything and everything.
What Irks Me
- Pens. Don’t get me wrong, I ADORE pens; good pens, that is. However, I cannot stand shitty pens that have minimal ink, low writing capacities, the ball point doesn’t glide across the paper, having to lick the ball point often to make the ink come out, oh goodness. I despise all of these things and I only use a certain variety of pens, usually the Sharpie S gel pen 0.7 mm or the Pilot G-2 0.7 mm.
- Highlighters that have stains or black marks on the felt tip. This is something that happens continually with high lighters because once you try and wait for the gel pen to dry on the paper, you realize you need to highlight what you just wrote, so the pen marks smudge and rub off on the highlighter tip itself and THEN you highlight something again and it leaves the new smudge mark on the highlighter tip and drags it across the page. So not only are your words smudged but your highlighter has hints of black or blue ink in them.
- People who chew with their mouths open. Nuff said.
- Mouth breathers. Totally guilty of this…
- Insecurities. I don’t think anybody wants to be insecure about something, but I just cannot stand when you project your own insecurities onto others. For example, my mother always thought she was fat and would say she is in front of me, knowing that I am bigger than she is. Now listen. I am not insecure with how I look, but that also means I don’t have the best self esteem either. But you should’t feel bad about yourself because of how others view themselves or even view you, but I digress.
- People who don’t change the things that they can change. This might need to be the top of the list because I cannot stand when people complain about things that are completely in their power to change. Like, if you don’t like your job, change it. If you don’t like a bad habit of yours, change it. Don’t just dwell on it and complain to me that your job sucks or that you bite your nails. There are so many things in life that we have no control over so change the things you can and be happy.
- Fake people. Life is too short to be fake and not be your true and authentic self.
I can’t think of anything else that makes me mad, well, at least not right now. I wrote this list a few days ago and then never posted it so I don’t feel irked anymore, but I thought it would be interesting to see what irks you, my readers. So tell me how you’re holding up and little things that irritate you in the comments below!