There is always a debate this time of year on whether folks should get a real Christmas tree or a fake tree. There are definite pros and cons to both and I will list those here and maybe YOU can decide which is the right tree for you and your family.
*Real* Christmas Tree
- The smell of the tree: a real tree just smells so particular that you cannot replicate the smell with anything else.
- Better for the environment: you can recycle the real tree, which you can’t do with a fake tree
- Different varieties and kinds; each tree is individual and different
- Family outing to tree farm creates family memories and bonds
- More expensive; repeating costs every year
- More timely; must do maintenance and water the tree in order to keep it alive
- Messy; trees drop pine needles everywhere.
*Fake* Christmas Tree
- Cleanly; pine needles don’t drop
- Easy to store away
- Cost efficient; buy once and use for years to comes!
- Don’t need water or maintenance
- Tree smells bad; like plastic
- Bad for the environment; can’t dispose of them
- Less life like than a real tree
I love real trees, yet have a fake tree in my own home. But no matter what you choose this holiday season, fake or real tree or no tree at all, make this your best holiday season yet!