Photo by Andrea Piacquadio on

I will start out by saying that today was successful. You may be wondering how one day can be considered “successful” while others were not. It’s not so much that other days weren’t successful at all, it’s that today it felt to me that everything went right, or the way it should without me forcing it to go.

I was late to breakfast with my friend because I “needed” coffee. And by coffee I mean a Rebel energy drink from Dutch Bros, which is my new vice. I love energy drinks, specifically Redbull and if you have every stalked me on social media, my biographies all say ‘may or may not have a Redbull problem’. With that being said, I found Dutch Bros Rebels and I now always get the bubble gum one blended so it tastes like a sweet, strawberry slurpie.

Now I don’t always get the benefits of this new found luxury because the closest one is about forty minutes away from my house. However, Diego lives within two miles of one and when I woke up at Diego’s this morning, I realized I knew I had to get one. But with early morning blogging and the long line that took longer than I expected, I was late to breakfast.

Which that isn’t the end of the world, but it’s still rude. Anyways time with my friend was great as per usual. My French toast was subpar at best which saddened me. But oh well, at least I had my Rebel in the car!

We went out to the parking lot after I paid for us so I could smoke. I got a call from a phone number that looked familiar, but was still unknown. I thought it was Human Resources at my current job. However, it was Human Resources or a supervisor of the Adult Inpatient Unit of the local psych facility. They were calling to offer me an interview for the part time, 12 hour shift on Wednesday’s position and asked if I was still interested. I said yes and we made arrangements for an interview for the position for tomorrow, the ninth of June.

I got off the phone and I was elated. My friend hugged me, but he thought I had gotten the job. I said no just an interview, but I interview quite well, and in all honesty most people can’t afford to work one day a week, so there may not be many other applicants. Either way, if they offer me that job tomorrow I am going to gladly accept.

Then I had to rush off to the interview for the tech retailer. I interviewed and they offered me a job on the spot, even with my schedule and start date restrictions. They offered $16/hr, which was a lot more than I thought they would offer. I said I would love to accept, but I needed time to take this other interview considering this other job was in my career path field. She understood and respected that. She said she would call me on Thursday afternoon for a decision either way. I thanked her for her time and that was that.

I called my mom on my way home and she was excited for me. She asked what I wanted to do, and Diego later on called with the same questions. I told them both separately that I have been in the driver’s seat of my life for entirely too long so I’m going to let God lead the way. Whatever is meant to be, will be. If they offer me a job at the psych place, I will take that because it aligns with the work I want to do. If I don’t get it, I’ll gladly accept the tech job.

Either way, I will be happy because it’s a job and it will allow me to complete my degree.

I missed my urology appointment because once I got home around 11:40am, I tried to take a two hour nap, but after those two hours, I was still fatigued, so I said fuck it. I couldn’t drive to the appointment I was so tired. I was kinda mad at myself when I woke back up a little before 5pm because I knew I needed that appointment.

Then again I was struggling to keep my eyes open on the way home from my interview so I couldn’t risk getting in an accident or worse just because I was tired. A missed appointment fee is still cheaper than a car accident.

I talked to Diego on the phone and he said that poncho missed me, when in reality, he really missed me. I thought it was sweet and we talked on the phone for a while until it was time for him to play his video games. We made plans for me to come over Wednesday night since he didn’t work til 9am on Thursday, so we would have more time together since usually he leaves at 5am for work.

Everything is falling into place and I’m excited to see what’s to come!

Much love,


One Comment Add yours

  1. socialworkerangela says:

    Fingers crossed for you and i think it’s great you’re letting God open doors for you

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s