Success (and minor failures)

Diego and I, July 19 2020

It’s been a week since I posted last. So to give a general summary of what happened, here it is:

House warming party

This party went well. Got fairly drunk after my parents left and I don’t really remember the ending but my sister and her husband showed up, my parents came, Diego’s parents came along with his aunt, her boyfriend, and a few of his cousins. Then a 6 of our friends showed up, plus some of their kids. So it was about 22 people in all which was smaller than we anticipated but all the 14 lbs of food we made was consumed, that’s 8 lbs of pork carnitas, 6 lbs of carne asada. We also had beans, and one couple brought Mexican rice. We had drinks and chips galore, along with Diego’s homemade pico de gallo, and green and red salsas. House tours happened and everyone was very surprised at how open and big this older mobile home was.

My sister thought initially I had become Trailer Park Boys status when I said that I lived in a mobile home, but then she saw the neighborhood and how nice the house was kept up and she was very impressed. It’s 1,700 square feet with 2 beds, 2 baths, and an office. It’s perfect for the two of us; enough space to have our own space yet if we were to start a family here, it would be perfect for that!

The only reason I got drunk is because my one friend who left the grocery industry came and she has a drinking problem. So she kept asking me to have shots with her, so one shot became 3 or 4 after I had already had two mixed drinks and the last thing I remember was her putting me to bed and me shortly after getting sick, and then passing out for 5 hours to a house that was only semi-trashed because Diego did all the dishes.

New Job

The next day I began my new job. I was hungover as all else, so I grab a water and a huge redbull on my way to the home office at 5:45 a.m. The office is only 22 minutes from my house. I expected to do training there for a whole week, but at 2:45 p.m. they declared we were being sent home to work from home indefinitely due to the corona virus pandemic. They wanted us to have as little interaction with others as possible in fear of the virus.

It was a bitch to get my computer desktop set up at home because I am not tech savvy, but with Diego’s help, we figured it out. So for the next 3-4 weeks, I train Monday-Friday 6:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. PST from the comfort of my own home.

I work as a vendor for collections of a large bank. So I technically work for three companies, underneath 2 companies. I collect debt and essentially will receive inbound calls from customers who are past due on their mortgage.

The training is terribly boring, but at least I get to do it in the comfort of my pajamas and don’t have to wear a bra to impress anyone! LOL


I applied for social security – disability back in April due to my bipolar disorder. I think the process is finally wrapping up. I got a call on Wednesday, I believe, that I have to do a mental health evaluation. But otherwise my medical information, counselling information, and other health information has been submitted, but was deemed insufficient to determine a decision either way.

So in the next couple of weeks, I will have a mental health eval. They contacted my mother to ask her some questions about my claim. So hoping she doesn’t mess up my determination. Although I have a job I like, and think I can handle emotionally, it still scares me thinking that it may not work out, not due to my own actions, but if I have a bad day, it could fuck my entire career over.

So even if I worked and received partial disability, that would be dope just in case the job doesn’t work out or whatever may happen.


It dawned on me yesterday that I hadn’t been taking my medication since Sunday night. The only reason I thought of it was that I got my period the other day which was almost two months late. Now I don’t normally get my period on my birth control unless I skip taking my pills for a couple of days. Then it all made sense.

I started searching for my pills that I had hidden away for the party. I found them in a box in my closet. Then I had to fess up to Diego that the reason I had been such a bitch lately was that I wasn’t on my pills. At first, he thought I had forgotten to take them maliciously, but no. I had truly forgotten all about them. So I corrected the situation taking all my birth control at once, which note to self, I probably shouldn’t do.

Today has been spent throwing up, putting a meal (beef stew) in the crock pot, and sleeping. Haven’t been in the mood for anything else. It took everything out of me to make dinner, but fortunately Diego knows and accepts how sick I have been with the lack of meds and suddenly restarting them.

I am a little frustrated with myself as to how I could forget such a thing such as taking my medication, but it’s a thing I gotta accept and move on with.

The steps backward, one step forward, but as long as I’m moving forward, I am content.


2 Comments Add yours

  1. jeremiahelin says:

    Glad you had a good party. I also applied for disability. Got denied. Thankfully I have a good job. Dont be discouraged if you don’t get it. If one door closes another one will open

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Thank you! God willing, things will work out; it may not be how I planned them to, but things will work themselves out. 🙂 and congrats on your 6 months of sobriety that is amazing!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s